Saturday, March 12, 2011

Legos...

Lately the children and I have undertaken a very large project. Since Mason's birthday there has been a sizable increase in the amount of legos, and the massive pile that we have is bordering on the unmanageable, so we have set out to sort them. Which really means that I spend hours each day sifting through the pieces, and while I do so the boys will sit at the table with me and play legos. I get to organize and they get to play so everyone is happy.

During one of our sorting sessions a few days ago Mason and Max were playing with the Lego police truck, and helicopter and accompanying guys. They both use this affected voice when role playing with their toys... sort of a dopey tough guy voice, its very cute. Anyway I quietly sorted away, as I heard the boys' "guys" have this conversation.

Mason's guy: Hey where's my dog?
(Max's helicopter swoops in with the Lego dog perilously hanging on to the skids)
Max's guy: I got him here he is.
Mason's guy: Thanks for saving my dog!
Max's guy: Oh you're welcome.

There were a few minutes in here where the dog did some police work and then Mason's guy called in the helicopter again...

Mason's guy: Can you take my dog home?
Max's guy: Yeah I can take him home.
Mason's guy: ok take him home and feed him... see you later
Max's guy: Ok bye... I love you.
Mason's guy: I love you too!

Now remember every word of this conversation was done with their tough guy voices, and I just couldn't help really enjoying listening to them talk so sweetly to each other, when they were both trying so hard to sound so serious and grown up.

1 comment:

mari_contrary said...

I have it on good authority that police guys really do say "I love you" to each other in their tough guy voices. :)

So...just checked the stats on my blog and realized that I've had the wrong blog address for you guys for the LONGEST time!! I was wondering what happened to you! The good news is that now I have great reading/cute kid fodder for the next week or so while I catch up on you guys!! :)

Love you! mary