Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Christmas

We had such a lovely Christmas this year. I know its February, but its never too late to get things written down, right? Believe it or not, this is the first time we have ever spent Christmas morning with just our family. I was worried we might feel lonely, but we had a great time.

The night before we had everyone in Shane's family over for dinner. We put the kids to bed early, but around ten or eleven that night Mason wandered out of his room bleary eyed and announced, "Merry Christmas everyone!" Poor guy he thought it was the big day already.

After being up in the night, the boys didn't wake up very early, and finally I got too excited and convinced Shane that we should wake them up. We opened all the presents. Mason in particular was hoping that Santa would bring him a particular Lego set. The very Lego set that happened to be sold out in every single store in town and online. Mason was quite concerned, but ol' Santa is an excellent shopper and did in fact deliver one Vampyre Castle under our tree. Mason was delighted.

Max had asked for Monsunos and they also appeared under the tree.

Then we spent the next three hours building Legos and putting together toys.

It was such a nice relaxed morning. We all really enjoyed it.

Later in the afternoon the rest of the family came back over for dinner and more presents and hanging out. It was great to see everyone. I love having a houseful, especially on the holidays. I think its because it reminds me of my house growing up. Because my grandparents lived with us and my grandma was not at all mobile every holiday was a party with just about every relative in town showing up at our house sometime during the day. As a child I loved it. Now as an adult I really appreciate what a good sport my mom was with her more the merrier attitude. There was always a lot of laughter and desserts to go around.

In this picture Michelle is wearing the leg warmer/boot topper things I made for all the girls in the family. I was quite proud of my mad crochet skills with those.

We had a nice dinner and played games in the evening it was a great day.

 

3 comments:

Mike & Melissa said...

Some of my favorite memories are of playing at your house as a kid. It is nice that Auntie Karen was/is always so willing to have everyone over.

Glad Santa delivered for the boys!

Mistie said...

Nicole. i love to check in on your blog every so often. Looks like you had a great Christmas. I also love that you all went skiing. We took our son when he was 5 once and that was 4 years ago...and we havent been back. You motivated me to maybe try again !
I have a random question for you!! I love your basket that holds your decor balls on your mantle!! I have been in search of something like that FOREVER! Will you share where you happened to find that?!! HAHAHA. Kind of a random question, huh?!! Your house is super cute btw (I am assuming that is your house i am referring to and not another family members?!!) :) Thanks. (mistielscott at yahoo dot com). BTW, hope you are doing well!

karen said...

Your house looks so beautiful and everyone looks so happy. It makes me proud. Is that wrong?