Friday, April 4, 2014

Legos, Legos, Legos

This winter the boys and I decided we needed a shared project to keep us busy during the long cold months. I had the idea that we should build every Lego set in our house, and combine them into one huge Lego city. The boys were actually a little reluctant to commit to the project at first, because they realized that a great deal of sorting a organizing would have to happen before the sets could be assembled, but eventually I talked them into it. Anyone that has spent any amount of time with my boys knows that they are Lego freaks, they LOVE them. The tiny toys are usually strew all about my house, and in various stages of being built into one masterpiece or another. Many days it makes me absolutely crazy, but my boys get a great deal of enjoyment out of them so I try to ignore it most of the time. Building all the sets gave me a chance to be a part of something they love, for hours and hours (and hours). In all honesty I'm a little embarrassed to admit to how much time we probably spent on this endeavor, but it was time we spent together so I think in the end it was worth every minute.

It was a momentous undertaking in our house so we felt that it needed to be documented. I've lately been interested in time lapse video so it this seemed like the perfect time to give that a try too.


I especially liked all the little details my boys added to the city. 


Lord Business with the Taco Tuesday Guy
I was told that an epic battle was raging here


Skydiving anyone?

These policemen have Catwoman cornered

This fireman trying to put out the tree, while an Orc tries to stop him



Hang on Woody!

The Lady of the Lake and the catch of the day

Magneto stops the SHIELD guys

These clowns, probably discussing how they'll use their three wishes over some pie


Frodo and Sam finally making it up the fiery mountain with Gollum on their heels

This lady delivering takeout to the castle

This one is my favorite, these guys just casually trick or treating at the haunted castle.





This zookeeper trying to coax some monkeys out of the tree

Shakespeare and the graduate


I'm so blessed to be a mom of two crazy boys. I'm really glad that we got to spend this time together. The kids are dying now to take their scene apart and play with it, which is scheduled for later this week, so if you're in the area send your kids over, because the demolition of the Lego city is also sure to be a major event. 

3 comments:

Mary said...

This could not be more awesome!!!! You are such a fun mom, what a great project!

Candee Robinson said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! What a great project and great documentation. You are wonderful. Wish you lived closer

karen said...

There's a Lego Shakespeare ? Wow. Loved seeing this Nicole