Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The prayer of Maxwell

Sunday night at dinner Max said the prayer over the food. He tries to remember everyone in his prayers, so he prayed that dad's back wouldn't hurt, that Mason would remember his baptism, and that mom would make good choices.

Later that night as I was tucking him in he asked me to snuggle with him for a minute. I used to always lay by him for a few minutes before he went to sleep, but in recent months we've opted to have our bedtime story on the living room couch where there is more room for all. So I asked him why he had been wanting me to snuggle with him lately. He looked at me with a bit of pity in his eyes and said, "Because mom, I'm getting too big to snuggle with."

So that's it, I've been forewarned, my littlest is growing up...oh, and also I should make good choices.

 

No comments: