Monday, October 15, 2012

Salt Lake Vacation

In August we realized there were two consecutive weekends that held events in Utah that we wanted the attend, so we decided to cap off our summer with a week in Salt Lake.

The first weekend we were there Shane went to a car race. He loves racing his mustang. The kids and my dad and I met him there for awhile, but it ended up being a break so we didn't see any racing. Since we were already in Toelle though we stopped off and visited my uncle Don, who has recently taken up bunny raising. The kids thought the bunnies were great and really wanted to take one home. I asked Don if we could borrow one for a few days, but he said there was a no return policy on the bunnies.

The best part about the trip was that Shane was able to stay with us during the week, although he did have to go the library and work on their speedy internet connection, every afternoon he came home and we set out on a family adventure. We had a great time, every night we were busy with some kind of adventure. Many of those adventures involved swimming so I didn't take a lot of pictures. One night we went swimming at the local pool. One night we went to Seven Peaks Water Park. I didn't know if the kids would love this one, but they had a blast. Mason who generally doesn't like thrilling rides LOVED the waterslides, he coudl not get enoug of them, and even went on some that made me a little uncomfortable. Max was a little more timid and spent most of the night in the lazy river with me.

One of the things I miss most about the Salt Lake valley is the easy access to the mountains, so one night we hiked to Donut Falls. It was a beautiful hike, and I was especially pleased to see how much the kids enjoyed being outside in the mountains.

Of course the thing that I was looking forward to the most that weekend was on Friday when Shane and I went to see Wicked. We left early and went downtown and had a nice dinner and then walked around the City Creek Center. It was so nice to spend time together, and the show was fabulous, even Shane really enjoyed it.

It was such a great week, I think we'll have to make it a summer tradition.

 

No comments: